How will you evaluate the success of your new course design?
- I will be reviewing course evaluations that are taken as part of the Aoraki Quality Management Policy
- I will be closely monitoring student satisfaction in the classroom and seeking feedback directly from students in the form of surveys and
critical incident techniques
- I will review assessment results to establish whether assessments need to be re-worked (e.g. are students able to pass without the need for re-sits on a high percentage
- I will use observation of the classroom dynamic to seek insight into students thoughts on the course
- I will run a trial/ pilot of the course with Diploma students to see what they think of the new course and seek feedback from them
Who will you ask to review your design and test it before you go live?
- As above – I will run a pilot of the programme with the current Diploma students to gather feedback
- I will ask for a peer evaluation of the course and seek feedback from them
- I will ask industry stakeholders to review the course and feedback (this is my ideal evaluation plan!!)
- Focus group of industry/peer/past student representatives
How will you monitor its success as you use it, and at the end of the first offering?
- Success will be judged by student results in assessment tasks
- Retention rates of students
- Analysis of budget allocation for the course to establish profit!!
- At the end of the first offering – the student success rate will be used as the first monitor
- A further survey of student satisfaction
- Analysis of data gathered from Moodle – e.g. hit rates for students on the site, monitoring of progress
What criteria will you use to judge success?
- Answered above – student retention and success
- Satisfaction in the feedback evaluations
- Industry feedback – survey of their thoughts on the students that they employ
How will you gather your data?
- Evaluation forms
- Assessment tools
- Discussion groups
- Focus group
What will you do with the information obtained?
- Develop improvements to the course as required
- Continually monitor the feedback to ensure student satisfaction
- Re-write assessments/ re-model assessment tools as required