Monday, October 5, 2009

Staffing and Resourcing

What am I going to need?

New technologies will be the biggest issue to grasp for the tutors and students alike.

I will need to make sure that we have some training in place around the moodle system and how to utilise it to its best advantage - both for the students and staff members

Training will need to be given to those students who may be unfamiliar with computer based learning - especially those in our maturer age range.

Tutors will also need training in the use of some of the tools that will be available to them - the composing educational resources course may be of benefit to them? - and some may possibly need some persuasion that Moodle can be a suitable learning platform for the students.

I am going to do some more research on second life - I have just watched Sarah Stewart's link to the use of second life for interview skills as suggested by Terry at our get together - what an amazing tool that could be - need to find out how to go about creating that sort of learning environment for the salon and appearance side of the course - it would be a great activity

I need to organise video clips, audio and still images to use on moodle - this will need to be completed in the Christmas break - We have access to Diploma in TV students with film making equipment, we have Diploma in radio students, so I have access to audio recording devices and I have access to computer and digital photography students. We even have 3D animators - so hopefully my resources will cost nothing other than a cake for morning tea!

It may be a requirement to purchase a digital camera for classroom use - something with movie capability would be great - something like this one would be suitable

1 comment:

  1. Second Life has an amazing potential but it is not an easy platform to use in terms of skills and access. Just give me a shout if you'd like to meet me in SL - I'm very happy to show you around

    ReplyDelete