Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An introduction


Well here I am - and this is all very new - I am the Programme Coordinator of Beauty Therapy at Aoraki polytechnic in Dunedin, I have been teaching for 9 years nearly! and this online/computer based learning is all new to me!

Originally from Devon in England - I moved here to NZ in 1997 with my Husband(a Dunedinite who told me it was hot and sunny all the time!) we now have 2 gorgeous kids of 9 and 6 so busy running round after them as well as teaching/coordinating .8 !
I have completed my Cert in Adult Ed and have done a couple of Massey papers relating to Adult Education but actually found them very hard going as they were so theoretically based.
Hoping that this course will give me lots more teaching and learning ideas for the students who seem to know much more about computers than I do!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! "Foreign and baffling"!!? you're a natural Picture and all!

    At the very least, this course will expose you to tools you might find useful in your teaching work. At the most it will expose you to whole new ways of going about your work. Try to keep one eye beyond the technology Helen.. look for big pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous start Helen. I think you should find this course a mix of practical and theory. We aim to help you find material which is relevant to your discipline and your interests. I hope you still have control of the computer at home? :)

    ReplyDelete